Personal Tax Semi Senior
Personal Tax Semi – Senior - £Highly competitive package – Borehamwood – Full Time Permanent
£ Highly competitive package, including continued study support
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
We’re immensely proud of our roots and maintain a family business approach in everything we do. Our valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms.
About your next role
We’re expanding, which mean we have an excellent opportunity for a Semi Senior or an individual who is ready to make the progression to this level. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing annual tax returns (individuals. partnerships, trusts and forms 11Ds/PSAs)
- Obtaining missing information from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the supervisor’s approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Electronically filing tax returns if necessary
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
You will be studying towards you AAT qualification with at least two tax seasons experience of working within a practice accountancy firm. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential progress into a client facing role. You all also have/be
- Ideally hold a relevant degree
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally have worked with Sage, QuickBooks or similar accounting packages
- The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business