About the role
Capita Technology are currently recruiting for a Security Consultant to join our ITS division in London. Capita Technology are independent professional security consultants who provide comprehensive security consultancy, design and project management services to clients in a wide range of public and private sectors.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with a proven track record in security design, preferably within the consultancy environment. The position will suit a highly motivated individual with a strong client focus and a positive approach to problem solving.
We offer a stimulating environment working in one of the foremost consulting firms in the United Kingdom and an opportunity to play a key role as part of a dynamic and growing team.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, a FTSE 100 member and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental, management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK and Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What we do
- Security surveys and audits
- Security threat and risk assessments
- Security strategy and master planning
- Operational requirements
- Security concept and detail design
- Counter-terrorism protective security
- Contract procurement and project management
What you will do:
- Working directly with internal and external clients and their stakeholders to establish client requirements and to successfully deliver projects
- Capturing client and end user requirements and preparing detailed project briefs
- Developing and producing detailed and coordinated security designs and technical specifications
- Producing technical reports
- Responding to commercial opportunities and preparing fee proposals and tender submissions
- Undertaking security system audits and site inspections
- Acting as project manager to deliver projects successfully, on time and within budget
Your experience will include:
- At least five years' experience in security systems design, of which at least three years should be as a security consultant in a client facing role
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to deliver services within strict quality, cost and time constraints
- At least a Higher National Certificate or equivalent in a technical or security related field
- Strong technical knowledge of security systems (access control, video surveillance and intruder alarms) and good understanding of physical security and security operations
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with clients, end users and stakeholders
- Eligible for and willing to acquire UK government security clearance
Desired skills & attributes
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an appropriate field, such as engineering, science, technology, security or criminology
- Eligible for Chartered professional registration
- Membership of a professional security institution
- Experience in leading a team of qualified technical specialists to deliver projects in time and on budget
- Project management experience
- Experience in business development
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you25 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.