Designer - Ladies Soft Separates
We are currently looking for a ladieswear multi-product softs Designer, to join this continually expanding ladieswear supplier.With over 50 years under their belt, they are now finding themselves in need of this important position to be filled.
If you are an experienced Designer and are looking at joining a leading company, supplying soft separates and tailoring then please read on.
We are looking for someone to create original garments or design garments through sketches that follow well-established fashion trends.
Customers include: Tesco, Dorothy Perkins, Asda, Topshop, Coast , Next & Primark
- To carry out the design process, from initial sketch to finished garment
- Prepare and present design meeting with customers, i.e. mood boards, style trends
- Product development
- Understand customer needs and customer profile.
- Knowledge of customer established blocks.
- Highlight and push new product together with sales managers.
- Communicate with customer on a day to day basis
Internal Duties - Trend analysis
- Carry out market research, reviewing garment magazines and manuals to analyse fashion trends, predictions, and consumer preferences.
- Know the current market and what the competition is doing i.e. competitor shopping
- Attend fashion shows and review garment magazines and manuals to analyse fashion trends, predictions, and consumer preferences.
Internal Duties - Fabric and trimmings
- Source fabric and trims from suppliers
Internal Duties - Samples
- Produce clear working drawings. Sketches rough and detailed drawings and writes specifications such as colour, material type, etc.
- Provide direction to pattern-cutters and technologists to produce well-constructed garments
- Take responsibility of individual designs and follow through the sampling process
- Experience designing and selling commercial high street ranges
- Ability to integrate findings of analysis and discussion and personal tastes and knowledge of design, to originate ideas.
- Applies design skills, such as colour theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation, development and layout
- Full understanding of design deadlines from initial design concept to finished garments in order to achieve customer deliveries.
- Sound technical knowledge of garment construction, working with pattern cutters, machinists and technologists.
- Works well on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Forward thinking forecaster
- Understand production limitations, costs when designing/producing ranges.
- Ability to find solutions to work around design issues.
- Demonstrate good communication (verbal/ written) skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and working knowledge of MS Illustrator or similar.
- Works well under pressure and in a busy working environment.
This is a really great opportunity so if you match the job requirements please forward your CV along with jpegs of your work
We regret only successful candidates will be contacted