IT Field Engineer
The company is an IT Service Provider to the small and medium business community based in the Maidstone and Tonbridge areas. We aim to provide IT repairs, upgrades and maintenance solutions to our existing client base as well as promoting our services to new clients. The position is full time, but can be open to flexible, part time working hours for the right candidate.
- Full clean UK driving license and car
Experience and Education
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or an acceptable combination of relevant education (minimum college diploma in a related field), experience and job knowledge.
- At least 2 years of recent work experience in similar IT support roles.
You will need to be well versed in many of the following in order to troubleshoot a variety of different issues:
- A variety of Microsoft Desktop O/S's (Windows 7 onwards)
- Microsoft Servers (SBS 2011, Server 2008 and 2012) - DHCP, DNSetc
- Microsoft Office 365 Portal administration
- Firewall and VPN set up and management
- Virtual environment knowledge
- Anti Virus knowledge
- General PC skills - upgrades, rebuilds etc
Personal Attributes / Experience
As your key responsibilities will be to attend client sites, you will need to be:
- Personable, self motivating and very customer focussed, with a hard working and conscientious attitude to work.
- Have the ability to attract new clients and upsell software and services
- Have good attention to detail, good technical problem solving skills and have sound judgemen