Personal Injury Legal Secretary - Birmingham City Centre - Top tier Law Firm
A Legal 500 and Chambers accredited firm are seeking an experienced Personal Injury Legal Secretary to join the team! This is an excellent opportunity to join a Top 100 UK law firm with fantastic career prospects in the future.
You will be supporting the fee earners on a range of Personal Injury matters, ensuring a high level of confidentiality and interpersonal skills. A competitive salary and generous employee benefits are offered as well as a friendly working environment.
Duties will include:
- Audio typing from dictation
- Extensive use of the case management system
- Diary management on behalf of the fee earners
- Preparation of court bundles and documentation
- Chasing evidence from third party solicitors and medical experts
- Monthly and annual billing for the team
- Liaising with clients via e-mail and telephone.
Desired skills and experience:
- Legal secretarial experience essential.
- Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a grade C in English and Maths) or equivalent
- Previous experience as a legal secretary is preferred with a minimum typing speed of 65wpm
- A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working within a private client team is essential.
- Fast, accurate typing ability.
- Experience of using case management systems and audio dictation software.
- IT literate - Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook
In return the firm offer generous incentives and ongoing training and support throughout your career with the firm.
In terms of progression candidates who wish to remain within administration going forward into a managerial capacity are encouraged to apply as opposed to law graduates as this is not a role for those wishing to progress to a training contract.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal