Telecommunications Engineer - Radar and Networking
Customer Engineer (Telecoms, UHF/HF, Networking, Radar)
Radar / Satellite / Radio / Digital / Analogue / LAN / WAN /Data Links / Bridges / Switches / Voice & Data Networks
Customer Support Telecommunications Engineer role working for our client, a Merseyside based specialist Technology Company.
Technical skills required will include:
Radar & Satellite Systems, Digital & Analogue Communications Networks, Radio Transmitters, Electronics, Telecommunications, navigation equipment, PCs, Routers, UHF/HF analogue radios, Data Links, Bridges, Switches & LAN/WAN/Data/Voice Networks.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of engineers installing Radar equipment at sites around the world and providing support for existing customers. On-site work involves such things as:
- Installing and commissioning equipment racks.
- Installing and commissioning equipment, usually at height.
- Installing and commissioning VHF communication equipment.
- Installing and commissioning microwave radio-modem equipment.
- Installing and commissioning AIS equipment.
- Installing and commissioning bespoke control room consoles.
- Running cables.
- Taking charge of initial equipment deliveries and organising the equipment.
- Working with other contractors, possibly taking the lead where needed.
When not working on site, engineers are based in their facility on Merseyside. In house work is generally split into three areas:
- Project work involves the planning and preparation needed to perform an installation, such as setting up equipment for FAT testing, preparing installation equipment, packing and shipping equipment.
- Support work involves providing telephone and email support to customers and agents in order to troubleshoot any problems that arise. In-house repairs to any equipment that is returned to our workshop, maintaining in house support systems, ensuring all paperwork and documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Production work involves the manufacture of bespoke equipment racks, fitting them out with purpose built PC’s, switches, KVM’s, power distribution units and other 3rd party equipment as needed.
The support team operates a telephone support rota system, with engineers taking it in turns to be on call for out of hours support.
Potential candidates needs to demonstrate:
- Technical ability.
- A willingness to travel.
- A high degree of self- motivation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally candidates will have a HNC or higher in an engineering discipline relative to the job description, and have Windows and/or Linux experience
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79968378