Nuffield Health are looking for a Category Specialist to join the procurement team based in our head office is Epsom, Surrey.
In the role you will deliver cost savings, service and operational targets through implementing strategies for specific non-clinical category areas, as well as supporting the Category Manager to develop sourcing strategies for their category to deliver objectives and results.
Although part of a larger team you will be proactive and confident sole working, you will show leadership's skills as you own your areas, managing and developing stakeholder relationships, representing business categories in meetings and understand strategic business requirements
You will have experience managing spend and help to drive change work streams across the department with the wider team support, demonstrating your professionalism throughout all tasks.
You gain exposure to our business with visits to our sites both gyms and hospitals as well as develop your knowledge across our broad business.
- Sourcing and category management expertise
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experienced negotiator who is proficient in drawing upon and developing fact based negotiation plans
- Experience of working closely with and influencing internal stakeholders to ensure successful commercial outcomes
- Knowledge of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Commercially focused with proven ability of considering total cost of ownership and delivering added value
- Relevant experience of working in cross functional/business unit teams to deliver procurement projects
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Location: Our Support Centre is located in the heart of the town - 5 minutes' walk from Epsom train station. The role will require some travel to sites.
Benefits: We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and well-being focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Fitness and Wellbeing Club, private healthcare and an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial well-being benefits. We want to help you live well and get the balance right in life, so we will give you 25 days' holiday in your first years here - and we will reward you with more annual leave for building your career with us.
Ready to bring out the specialist in you? Apply at nuffieldhealthcareers.com