Bookkeeper / Property Accountant
We are currently assisting a high-spec property developer in the recruitment of a Bookkeeper / Property Accountant to be based in the clients new Croydon offices. This is a permanent, full-time position, Monday - Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, with a salary of £28k.
This is a sole role which will see you managing a range of accounting and finance tasks.
Responsibilities for the role includes the following:
- Bank reconciliation and daily bank balance reporting - Liaising with the General Manager to understand the underlying transactions and ensure appropriate financial operation of funds
- Processing of ad-hoc invoices and payments
- Liaising with the relevant team to supply, obtain and challenge information received and processed to ensure the accuracy, completeness and all pricing and financial returns in respect of transactions
- Prepare monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow and payroll analysis, commentary where relevant
- Prepare monthly Cash accounts
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Investigate on major variances and highlight issues regularly
- Prepare consolidation adjustments
- Process monthly rent invoices, and produce Aged debt balances
- DPS reconciliation and submission of Rent Deposit money to DPS
- Manage creditor/supplier relations, timely issuance of payments, identify and manage invoice disputes and request for credit notes as necessary
- Process monthly payroll and submit returns accordingly
- Prepare financial reports for the quarterly board meeting- management accounts schedules including P&L, Balance Sheet, cashflow, aged debt and payroll analysis where relevant
- Quarterly reconciliation of annual financial budgets and forecast
- Process the bi-annual service charge invoices and required reconciliations
- Filing of company accounts and non-resident landlord returns
- Annual budget and cash flow forecast
- Production of audit information and assisting external auditors with the preparation of the year-end Service charge certificate and annual audited accounts
- Year-end reconciliation and closing of accounts in Sage and Property Management Systems
- Issuance of Annual Ground Rents
The client seeks candidates who have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to the link below.
We are expecting a high volume of applications for this role so please note that we will only be able to contact applicants who are deemed successful by Leaman Consulting.
Leaman Consulting is an equal opportunities employer.