Do you have project management skills and the ability to manage multi skilled teams? Do you have experience of working with a permanent collection to develop exhibitions?
We have an interesting opportunity for you to join our client, one of the world's greatest research libraries as an Exhibitions Manager to start ASAP until the end of April. You will plan and project-manage the delivery of exhibitions to meet required audience segments and engagement targets.
This is temporary role, paying £20.78 per hour.
- You will plan the library's programme of any touring exhibitions or temporary external exhibitions
- You will ensure all aspects of exhibitions interpretation and accessibility for visitors are undertaken to the highest standards and in agreement with interpretation and learning teams.
- You will take responsibility for the costing, planning, organisation and presentation of exhibitions, including timely scheduling, appointing and briefing designers and contractors and commissioning any external resources required.
- You will manage the day to day operation of the Exhibitions Office, including all staff.
- You will take responsibility for all conservation aspects relating to the galleries, all security requirements and all health & safety aspects for those working in the galleries and visitors.
- You must have project management skills and the ability to manage multi-skilled teams
- You must have substantial experience and a proven track record in planning and staging exhibition work, both curatorial and practical.
- You must have experience of working with a permanent collection to develop exhibitions
- You must have proven experience in staff management - able to motivate, empower and lead a diverse team to achieve objectives.
- You must have strong negotiating and influencing skills - able to use a variety of tactics to convince or persuade others
- You must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Your Next Step
Apply now and send your CV.
Step Ahead is acting as an Employment Agency
Step Ahead is committed to preventing discrimination in its recruitment practices by stimulating genuine equality of opportunity. This means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, ethnic, racial, religious or disability considerations, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.