Infrastructure Systems Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation
An Infrastructure Engineer is required for a leading technology company in their modern Oxford offices. The Infrastructure Engineer will play a key role within our DevOps team and will be involved in working as part of a collaborative agile team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced operations environment and to develop your career in Cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services. The Infrastructure Engineer’s primary objective will be to provide support to an Amazon Web Services hosted environment, ensure continuous 24/365 availability, working with 3rd Party resources to ensure best value for money, and effective resource management across the team.
Key Skills Required of the Infrastructure Engineer are:
- Able to work on several work streams
- Good time management
- Good Team player
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Takes personal ownership for achieving agreed results
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer:Working as part of a growing team to build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure architecture, balancing performance and resilience with cost.
Work on project to:
- Support on-going delivery of multiple AWS-based production and non-production environments.
- Working closely with development teams to deliver change and improvements
- Building a configuration management system
- Building a CI/CD pipeline
- Deliver robust AWS infrastructure using defined tools and process
A high degree of demonstrable understanding of these listed technologies is critical:
- Configuration management - Puppet
- Excellent Linux experience at scale
- Terraform experience
- Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
- Git source repository
- AWS at scale
Infrastructure Systems Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation, Systems Administration
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position. Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79970163