SAAS Business Consultant
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Business Consultant / Project Manager to join a true market leader in its field.
This role is primarily responsible for providing implementation services to a customer base to ensure software is implemented to meet their business needs. The Business Consultant discovers and defines client business requirements, documents designs, configures, tests and trains on customer implemented solutions. You will be the point of contact for each project, including coordinating resources, actions, issues and arranging for their completion/resolution where applicable. You will also possess the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships; proactively striving to improve service to all customers.
- The Business Consultant is involved in all phases of client solution implementations and will lead and/or participate in the following activities.
- Analyze customer business requirements and objectives
- Participate in the development of project implementation plan and schedule
- Work with client and other consultants to document solution requirements, functional and technical specifications that meet customer configuration, reporting, customization and integration requirements.
- Perform configuration of products according to approved design documents
- Create test plans and conduct testing of solutions
- Create user documentation/training materials and conduct training on the solution
- Provide first level consulting and solution support for clients during active implementations
- Assist with data conversion and integration
- Create solution documentation and training materials
- Communicate / resolve project issues that may impact the project’s success
- Provide remote and onsite operational support, problem determination and resolution
- Submit accurate weekly status reports, timesheets and expense reports
- Travel as required throughout US and overseas (expected 50% - 70%)
- Performs other duties as required
- Experience in one of the following:
- Lease management and lease accounting
- Operations / Facilities Management
- Capital Project/Program management
- Capital asset planning and management
- Building space /Space management
- Demonstrated experience implementing enterprise software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn software and new technologies with minimal guidance
- Basic knowledge of SQL Database and WebServices
- Basic knowledge of Cognos Report development methodologies
- Understanding of application development, testing & certification
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organization skills and proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Willingness to travel (60%)
- Strong initiative to solve problems