Job Title: Legal PA
Salary: £22,000 -£26,000
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
This is a really fantastic opportunity to join a highly established and reputable International Legal firm based in Manchester City Centre in the role of Legal PA join their Corporate department.
Established back in 1769 our client is the only full-service law firm to have offices in England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and boasts impressive offices in the heart of Manchester's City Centre.
The role of Legal PA requires a flexible and adaptable approach to work, someone who is reliable and hardworking with the ability to remain calm when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The nature of the role also requires a self-starter who is extremely organised, able to work on their own initiative but also understand the importance of team working.
Duties of Legal PA include;
- Provide proactive and professional Legal PA support to the Finance & Projects department.
- Liaising regularly with lawyers to identify work commitments and prioritising your workload accordingly
- Diary management for lawyers including arranging meetings and appointments, both internally and externally, ensuring the Outlook diary is up to date, booking travel, meeting rooms and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments
- Liaising with the travel company to make travel and accommodation arrangements keeping lawyers advised of any changes in scheduling and ensuring they have an accurate and up to date itinerary and all the relevant travel details are in the Outlook diary
- Answering lawyers' telephone calls when they are unavailable, taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly.
- Screening, prioritising and dealing with lawyers' incoming e-mails, post and acknowledging receipt and responding where able and appropriate
- Management and co-ordination of lawyers' e-mails
- Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and events
- Drafting short letters, memos or notes in a literate and professional manner
- Managing production of documents (produced in-house and externally), co-ordinating changes made including taking responsibility for the consistency of those documents (e.g. formatting, numbering)
- Coordinating typing of audio files, drafting correspondence, producing documents/letters/e-mails and memos
- Opening client files, including completing conflict searches and money laundering checks in conjunction with lawyers
- Ensuring documents are filed on FileSite with correct file and matter details so that they can be located easily
- Attending internal client or project meetings to take notes and assisting with action points if required
- Assisting lawyers with the billing process, agreeing in advance dates for billing, delegating requisition of pre-bills, drafting narratives and covering letters and putting paperwork in front of lawyer for sign off
- Assisting lawyers with financial queries and subscribing to relevant alerts in order to provide information to lawyers
- Developing good knowledge of the Firm's accounts procedures, coordination of cheque requisitions, TT and BACS authorisations and processing client monies
The ideal Legal PA will;
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Be reliable and hardworking,
- Remain calm when working under pressure,
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines, distribute workload and be an active team member
- Be extremely organised with the ability to juggle priorities and work on their own initiative.
- Recognise the need for absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.