Accounts Senior/ Semi Senior
Responsible for the preparation accounts reporting to the job manager. Working under the guidance of a manager or partner, you may be responsible for the supervision of junior staff. You will be expected to use your technical knowledge to identify areas for improvement/efficiency.
Client is a small practice firm based in the Nottingham area
- Produce an accounts working file.
* Produce an accounts summary and a list of discussion points for the manager or partner.
* If required produce draft tax computations and a provision for inclusion in the accounts.
* Inclusion of statutory disclosures in line with the company checklist.
* You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
* You will be expected to attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification.
* You will be expected to supervise and help develop more junior members of staff.
* You will be expected to contact clients in connection with non technical issues such as the collection of debtors and be involved on an ongoing basis in administrative activities such as billing.
* You will be expected to plan and control your professional work for the firm's clients within the firm's standard procedures. You will be able to identify basic planning opportunities.
* You will be expected to identify and act upon any opportunities you see within the professional work you do to sell more services to existing prospective clients.
* You will be expected to have and maintain a working knowledge of the computer based programs that you will be required to use to undertake your job and will report any requirements for assistance or training to your line manager.
* To professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals at all times.
* You will be expected to have and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the systems that you will be required to use to undertake your role.
* You will keep up-to-date with internal policies, procedures and announcements.
- Is confident in front of clients and others more senior than them and not being afraid to challenge deliverable.
- Retains a formal and professional manner, reflects on difficult situations and stands back from people and remains unemotional in order to resolve problems.
- Considers problems as a challenge.
- Adopts a calm approach and makes time for people.
- Takes ownership for managing own development, seeks extra responsibility, striving to always go the extra mile, preparing well ahead of appraisal meetings.
- Is relentless in problem solving, provides a solution in a timely and thorough manner.
Competitive salary and benefits