Full Time - 37 hours per week - Term Time Only - Permanent
Hours worked - Monday to Friday - 8.45am to 4.15pm
Kent Scheme 5: from £15,043 p.a. for 39 weeks (plus 5 weeks paid holiday) (£9.24 per hour) plus generous local government pension.
Our Client’s class based Primary Keyworkers support primary age classes and are responsible for coordinating all aspects of personal development and individual progress for a group of key students.
Working with one primary class alongside the class teacher you will enable their students to learn, promote their independence and help them achieve by:
- Supporting students in the classroom, including physical management and personal care;
- Coordinating the personalised programme for each key student within the class;
- Being able to keep concise, comprehensive records;
- Having a good level of numeracy and literacy;
- Having excellent communication skills to liaise effectively and appropriately with students, staff, parents/carers and external agencies;
- Being aware of current theory and practice in relation to social care and support for children and young people who have special educational needs.
Successful candidates will be supported to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (if not already achieved). Experience of complex physical and medical needs is desirable, however an aspiration to enable students to learn and achieve meaningful independence is essential.
Our Client offer a supportive, friendly working environment in a country school setting and the chance to make a real and positive impact on the lives of their students.
Our Client welcomes applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as men are currently under-represented in this role, we would encourage applications from male candidates. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Our Client’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every student and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will require, and enhanced DBS check and references will be taken up before.
Renato Recruitment is acting as an agency for this full ti