Fraud Operations Manager
Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations (formerly Geoban) provides Operational Services to more than 14 million Santander UK customers (4.6 million 1 | 2 | 3 World customers), and 600,000 business and corporate customers. With over 3,000 employees, Santander Operations is based at over 10 UK sites supporting over 800 Santander UK branches.
Santander have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Fraud Operations manager to work in their Milton Keynes site.
Operations managers use practical and technical knowledge in order to deliver a quality service to customers within Fraud. You will have input into process and standards and are responsible for meeting performance outcomes. You will manage a number of Team Leaders across various work streams and sites within the operation and may also be responsible for managing a cost centre.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Deliver and contribute to both the immediate and long term strategy for the operation.
- Ensures compliance of strategic plans into team, and initiates corrective actions as required.
- Responsible for the oversight of operational capacity plans and consistently exploring opportunities to make operational efficiencies.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships by advising and guiding to enhance the prevention, containment and detection of financial crime.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of competitor and industry trends from both a fraud and regulatory perspective.
- Monitors operational activities ensuring risks that could adversely affect the achievement of strategic objectives or be damaging to Santander’s goals or image are escalated for tactical management.
- Pro-actively identifies and escalates risks, offering actions to mitigate risk and reputational damage
- Reviews and approves all operational processes designed to maximise efficiency, minimise loss and improve customer experience, along with tracking of changes and consideration for the business impact.
- All Regulatory requirements are met on a daily basis, reducing reputational and financial risk to the business, which include fines and potential negative media coverage.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all governing regulations, including PSR, CCA, FCA, S75 etc.
- Monitors department IPA’s (Internal Payment accounts) where required.
- Responsible for ensuring the operation achieves a successful result from any audit conducted by FCA, Internal audit, group compliance and any other audit review agreed by the bank.
- Undertakes continuity testing, across teams to ensure adequate trained resource available across work streams/sites in an emergency situation.
- Understands escalations process and associated timescales, and the emphasis of speed within the fraud arena.
- Engenders investigators and team leaders to create an environment which supports innovation and creates a drive to deliver success across all teams.
- Manages and develops a high performing team by consistently adhering to people management processes.
- Lead and drive employee engagement activities across the department.
- Plans and manages resourcing with full development, succession, and recruitment in place to maintain high service delivery on a long term basis.
- Leads and motivates the team to identify and implement specific activities and initiatives that will enable Santander UK to make a positive contribution to our communities.
- Makes a difference in local communities by taking part in and encouraging others to participate in community projects.
- Acts as a role model for all Santander Values.
- Supports wider team with HR and disciplinary meetings, including chairing disciplinary hearings at the appropriate level.
- Manages the unpredictability of volumes, using responsive resource management, based on appropriately multi skilled teams.
- Develops and encourages reward and recognition programmes within the operation, with a view of increasing output of team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Relevant academic qualification, e.g. Secondary School Qualification plus relevant vocational training.
- May be working towards relevant professional qualification or have equivalent experience.
- Requires detailed knowledge of product range & fraud processes and supporting systems and ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations.
- Previous experience of the relevant process/product area is required in order to drive customer service driven targets.
- Previous experience of remote management across large operational teams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Familiarity with the relevant departmental and company-wide procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Computer literacy and a good understanding of relevant software.
- Having previous experience of working within a Fraud operation in a Financial services company or similar environment
- Deep specialist knowledge of single/multiple Santander product(s) or services.
- In depth system and regulatory knowledge. Able to analyse data and identify system issues and report them
- Experience working in a target/service level driven environment.
- Experience of owning a process to enable independent management of an administrative work stream.
- Understanding of people management and effective management approaches.
- Proven ability to manage challenging and complex resource management issues.
We look for are people that share our values and give them the support to be the best they can be.
If you want to work for the bank that exists to help you prosper, apply below today .