Senior Support Worker
A well established support service in Bristol with a great reputation is looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker for their Gloucester based services.
This is a full-time and permanent position, paying up to £9.00 per hour. You will be contracted 35 hours a week and work shifts including; earlies, lates, weekends, sleep ins and waking nights.
You will be working in one of a number of Supported Living services supporting adults with a number of different needs including, acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities and dementia. A large part of your role will involve facilitating service users to spend time in their local community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is looking for career progression and looking for opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge with industry recognised qualifications.
Responsibilities of Senior Support Worker:
• Ensuring good communication within all levels of the staff team
• Overseeing and organising the daily recording of information relating to service users
• Identifying the service user's emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and support individuals to make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management team
• Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager
• Ensuring that the agreed guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team
• Assisting in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment and report any defects
• Ensuring accurate recordings and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place
• Preparing reports and participating in service user's reviews as required
• Participating in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments
• Coordinating and monitoring the staff rotas and delegate, organise and find cover for overtime shifts and cover absence when required
Person Specification for Senior Support Worker:
• Minimum 12 months relevant experience in the care sector or similar
• NVQ Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 and have, or be committed to completing Level 3
• Good listening and communication skills
• The ability to manage challenging situations
• A full, clean driving licence is essential
• An enhanced DBS check is required for all positions (fee paid by applicant and reimbursed after six months of employment).
• The successful candidate must be available to work a variety of shift patterns. Example shifts are- 7am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and sleep-in/waking night shifts of 10pm to 7am, these times can vary.
Working for a established and supportive organisation.
• Pension scheme.
• Joining bonus.
• 30 days annual leave.
• Access to local discounts.
• Development and promotion opportunities.
• Comprehensive introductory and ongoing training.
• Support in completing NVQ/QCF qualifications.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Gloucesteris passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to