The Company: I am currently working on behalf of an expanding, directly authorised IFA business, based in the Barnsley area who are looking to add an experienced Paraplanner to their technical team. My client is a truly independent financial advice firm who adopt a really personal, tailored approach to financial planning and require an experienced financial services professional to join their team in support of 8 advisers now. Their core market is private wealth inclusive of investments, pensions (inclusive of pension transfers) & IHT/tax planning with a professional focused, targeted client base being the foundation of their continued development as a firm.
The Role: As a Paraplanner within the business you would be working as part of a productive, high performing technical team to provide full support to the Advisers, and a technical port of call for all client queries. Your role would be to offer the most efficient, professional and effective client service possible with a high focus on quality and accuracy. Duties include:
- Discuss and establish client objectives with the Adviser.
- Confirm client’s risk profile.
- Undertake research both independently and with the Financial Adviser to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis and further discussion with the Adviser
- Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order and prepare Financial Adviser presentation pack together with all necessary application forms and documents.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Financial Advisers, colleagues and management in order to provide an efficient and effective service to the Financial Adviser and the Client.
The Person: The successful candidate will ideally come from an IFA/wealth management background and have exposure to supporting IFA’s/financial advisers in research/report writing capacity. You will have wide-ranging knowledge across the private wealth spectrum (investments, pensions and IHT planning) and ideally 2 years’ plus paraplanning experience working in a similar environment. Part-qualified people looking for support/development are also encouraged to apply and anyone with strengths in pension transfer work, or G60/AF3 qualifications looking to migrate into paraplanning are also welcomed.
What next? Please send CV applications to Chris at CB3 Associates Ltd and they will be reviewed inside 24 hours. And for further opportunities we are working on within the financial services sector please visit the website below: