Plant Fitters x2 - Workshop based
Workshop based Plant Fitters x2
Salary negotiable, with plenty of overtime available at x1.5 and two bonus systems
This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected Construction Machinery companies in the Industry.
If your seeking a long term opportunity with ongoing training, prospects and an excellent salary/package this could be the role for you.
To be considered you will need to be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 2, and have a background of working on either Commercial Vehicles, Forklift Trucks, Construction or Agricultural Machinery.
Job Summary for the Plant Fitter:
To effectively and competently carry out the service, repair and dismantling of machinery within the workshop to the highest standards. To ensure we deliver a first class service to both internal & external customers.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
• To service and repair construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment as required by line management, maintaining safe working practices throughout.
• To dismantle and identify machine components, ensuring correct part number recorded.
• To carry out all work in line with works orders and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required.
• Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
• In regards to company tooling (including but not limited to laptops, electronic timesheets, specialist tooling and lifting equipment), ensure defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training.
• Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
• Accurate completion of systems/paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, ERG’s/Used Equipment Inspections)
• Complete PDA inputs in 'real time’ providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken.
• To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion, to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
• To assist and coach colleagues with technical support where necessary.
• To be prepared to work with Apprentices as a coach, mentor and guide when required.
• To ensure a smart and professional appearance, wearing appropriate work wear and PPE, and to ensure housekeeping in your work area is of a high standard.
• Flexibility to work overtime as and when necessary.
• To attend any relevant product or systems training courses, staying away from home where required, to ensure a high standard of competence required to efficiently complete workshop duties.
• When applicable, ensure the Volvo premises are locked and secure on exiting the building, in line with key holding responsibilities.
• Work in accordance with UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
• Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
• A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (i.e. NVQ 2/3/C&G)
• Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of either Plant or Agricultural Machinery, HGV's or Forklift Trucks, including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrics.
Key words: Plant Fitter, Mobile Engineer, Service engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Construction machinery, Agricultural machinery, Forklift truck engineer, Fitter