Ward Manager (RMN) vacancy - £43,500 p/a + Benefits
Newton Abbott - Private Hospital - CAMHS
A small, private psychiatric hospital, just outside of Newton Abbott, is seeking a confident, passionate Ward Manager (RMN) to join their senior management team on a permanent basis. This opportunity pays £43,500 per annum, necessitates flexibility to work some unsocial hours dependent on the needs of the service and offers an extensive range of benefits.
The hospital treats a small number of 12 - 18 year olds who suffer with long-standing, self-destructive mental health conditions, such as PTSD, psychosis, personality disorder, self-harm, ADHD etc. The hospital also encompasses a school, fully staffed with qualified professionals to support service users and ensure their education is not compromised during their stay. The site has excellent links with local NHS bodies and external stakeholders, and all work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people under the hospital's care.
In your role as Ward Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality nursing care and rehabilitation and provision of nursing standards. You will utilise strong leadership skills, regularly supervise all healthcare staff and encourage CPD, ensuring that the MDT work cohesively. Quality management and KPI management will also be key responsibilities, as well as keeping up to date with all legislation, standards and frameworks i.e. MCA, DoLS etc. On-call duties will be performed as required, as well as being heavily involved with the hospital's governance team.
- RMN in the UK with valid NMC registration and clear PIN
- Experience within CAMHS at Clinical Team Leader/Ward Manager level (min. 2 years' exp)
- Flexible to operate within the site's on-call system and work over contracted hours if necessary
- Excellent leadership, clinical and organisational skills
- In-depth working knowledge of the Mental Health Act is necessary, as well as other relevant legislation i.e. SoVA, MCA, Gillick Competence etc.
- Competitive salary of £43,500 per annum
- £1,000 Welcome Bonus
- Comprehensive induction programme, specific to the site
- Generous annual leave allowance
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programmes, Nurse Support Forums and MyFamilyCare
- Company discount scheme
- Support for undertaking further education i.e. BSc/MSc
- NMC/DBS fees reimbursed
- Outstanding training programme with career progression scheme
Why apply via White Recruitment?
- You will be assigned your own consultant throughout the job search, meaning you have one point of contact and a direct phone number from the first conversation
- You will also be assigned a member of our aftercare team, who will provide assistance with DBS application, obtaining references, clarifying any queries etc. until your start date
- We have 10 years' worth of success and experience in permanent nurse recruitment
- We have a 95% recommendation rate from our candidates
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy