Java Software Engineer - Nottingham
We are keen to speak with Java Developers who are interested in joining a growing Software Team in Nottingham, with the opportunity to work with a range of diverse technologies across multiple business domains and project environments.
We require Java Software Engineers at all experience levels, those who enjoy learning, building solutions using industry best practice and those who can employ their development experience to assist in delivering quality solutions for a range of clients.
You will act as a subject matter expert within the development space and work in an agile environment, delivering rapid and responsive solutions.
We’re looking for:
- Strong "Software Engineering" fundamentals and practical experience
- Development of highly concurrent systems (multithreaded and/or distributed)
- Experience of web / app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Hadoop
- Persistence frameworks/APIs, such as JPA, Hibernate or Spring Data
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) methodologies
- Deployment automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Cobbler, Vagrant, Ansible, Docker
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP, Kanban etc.)
- Scripting experience such as BASH, Python, Ruby
- Exposure to automated integration testing through tools like Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber
- Exposure to enterprise messaging technologies / ESBs (JMS, AMQP, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Tibco EMS, IBM WebSphere MQ)
Salary: £30,000 - £60,000 + Benefits, depending on experience.
Location: Nottingham City Centre