Group Financial Controller
- To provide all external financial reporting annual report and half year results for the group.
- To provide accounting technical advice to other Group functions and subsidiaries on financial accounting and external reporting issues.
- To assess impacts of proposed changes in accounting/ reporting requirements and help develop resulting implementation plans.
- To be an active and enthusiastic member of a professional team with responsibility for managing the financial governance and reporting processes across Group companies.
CORE DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a prime source of internal accounting technical expertise on external financial reporting and disclosure issues under IFRS
- Prepare Group consolidated financial statements from subsidiary reporting packs: from planning and timetables to final reports
- Delivery of external Group financial reporting to Stock Exchange and statutory deadlines, including Group Annual Report
- Technical advice and review of subsidiary external reporting/statutory accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts for Group non-trading companies and pension schemes
- Ensuring consistency of reporting; approach, practices and policies across the Group.
- Interaction with external auditors - Half Year Review and full year audit / Annual Report
Provide accounting and project evaluation support for the wider Group Finance section as required, including providing input to internal reporting processes when needed
- Close liaison with subsidiaries on acquisition accounting and impacts of company restructuring projects
- Maintenance of Group financial procedures and policies
- Liaison with Group Treasury and subsidiaries re accounting interest cost for different types of debt instruments - e.g. convertible bonds, index-linked bonds, finance leases, hybrid capital securities
- Liaison with Group Treasury re borrowings covenant documentation, compliance (including headroom) and certification
- Liaison with external advisors and subsidiaries in the preparation and review of iXBRL tagged accounts for submission with company corporation tax returns
- ACA/ACCA qualified Accountant
- Proven post-qualification experience with commercial awareness. Experience of preparing financial information in a corporate environment
- Fully conversant with reporting under IFRS and able to take technical lead on new standards / issues
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal
Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint and working with multi-company general ledger systems
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise