We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced legal cashier or Accounts Assistant to join a well established firm in Bexleyheath.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Day to day administration of the Client Ledger
- Dealing with petty cash
- Administration of the Disbursements Ledger
- Posting payments, recording and banking all non-client account receipts on the Nominal Ledger / Cashbook
- Posting and cancelling bills and producing credit notes where necessary
- Carrying out time transfers and write offs as necessary
- Transferring of funds and transfers between accounts and ledgers
- Reviewing new clients and matters created on a daily basis and reviewing amendments to existing clients and matters
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in similar accounts role within a professional services environment, legal experience is desirable but not essential. The candidate must be IT literate, accustomed to dealing with clients and employees of all levels in person and over the telephone, able to work to deadlines, able to work on own without close supervision and understand the need of confidentiality and integrity.