A Production Manager is required to join a well- established company specializing in the manufacture of process/ machinery equipment for a range of sectors based in the Manchester area.
The Production Managers day to day responsibilities will be to provide leadership to their team, organise workloads, and ensure work is produced to the agreed quality standard and within the agreed timeframe. The production manager responsibilities will also include promoting and enforcing lean manufacturing processes and implementing 5s practices. Ensuring safe working environments, hold weekly team meetings and ensure progress boards and work sheets are up to date, and to ensure KPI's and shipments are met.
Production Manager Position Overview
- Managing a production team to improve overall productivity through continuous improvement methods.
- Responsible for ensuring lean manufacturing improvement process
- Production planning
- To determine the performance gaps in the manufacturing operations and to commence a process of change to establish the processes and disciplines that will enable significant increases in throughput, improvements in quality, cost and delivery to be achieved
- Close liaison with management team to develop new systems of continually improving
- Development of Quality processes to ensure Quality standards are met.
- Staff Training & development
- Management and analysis of KPIs.
Production Manager Position Requirements
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication
- Lean manufacturing
- Planning and controlling
- Strong leadership skills
- Influencing skills
- Effective communicator
Production Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary £30,000-£45,000
- 30 days holiday
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy