Senior Scheduler/Production Planner
Temporary role for 3 month plus £15ph-Get in touch Schedulers/Senior Customer Service/Production Planner with Scheduling Knowledge.
SF Group are looking to recruit a Senior Planner and Customer Service Supervisor for a busy Automotive business in DY5. The Client are a global innovator of plastic moulded parts. The Senior Planner and Customer Service Supervisor ensures customer schedule requirements are shipped on time, and special freight costs are minimised by: generating daily production plans for manufacturing, progress-chasing related issues, generation of supplier schedules; maintenance of Kanban systems for both purchased items and Work in Progress items and the use and maintenance of computerised planning tools.
The role will support both the Plastics and Connectors businesses. Temporary rate of £15ph, possible permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
The Senior Planner and Customer Service Supervisor reports directly to Planning & Customer Services Manager and is a part of team of 8.
- Manage and maintain production plans to maximise capacity and reduce waste through set ups and material usage
- Manage and maintain machine and resource Capacity Plans to minimise capital requirements, identify bottleneck processes and provide live data for equipment and people needs
- Participate in daily production meetings to represent the customer's needs and provide update on performance to plan
- Manage and maintain pull systems
- Manage the run out of ending customer part numbers and associated purchased items
- Manage delivery performance metrics from supplier portals through support and leadership of customer service
- Use and maintain to support Planning and Purchasing activities
- Participate in continuous improvement of department and business activities
- Manage inventory levels in line with business expectations
- Maintain leading and lagging department metrics and customer reporting needs, as required
- Weekly review and analysis of customer schedules to identify and understand variation in customer demand
- Ensure department is represented at all NPI meetings to ensure visibility of new products and their impact upon department i.e. schedules, Kanban updates etc.
- Experience in production planning and production environment
- Automotive industry experience would be an asset
- Experience with moulding machines would be an asset
- Strong organisational skills
- Customer focus
If this is you and you are immediately available call Nikki on or email an up to date CV to , interview with immediate start available.