Reporting and Insight Analyst
Page Personnel are currently looking for a Reporting and Insight Analyst to join a busy team within a Leeds city centre organisation.
Our client is an international business specialising in sales. The purpose of this job role is to analyse sales data to show how effective in house activities are in creating increased sales, by identifying trends and opportunities for the business and shaping results in ways that stakeholders can digest and action.
The key responsibilities of this job role include:
- Using data and feedback from activity, provide a high level of additional Insight to the Client team, providing recommendations for building strategy for the Client and Branded Accounts
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations from data results
- Become an expert in your field through keeping abreast of retail industry, category and supplier research
- Provide management support in client meetings, reviewing campaigns in an autopsy format
- Using experience and insight, work closely with the Operations and Activation Managers to provide support and recommendations for the benefit of the wider team
- Support the Client Brand Program by completing all the client reports after having been provided with the numbers by the team
- Proactively provide suggestions and advice, based on additional research and insight-gaining actions to add value to the account
- Be an expert in Excel and confident in processing large volumes of data.
- Have experience in working with databases.
- Create and follow a technology awareness strategy to ensure reporting tools are fit for purpose.
- Be passionate about analytics and know how to get the most out of the available data
The successful candidate will have:
- Be able to proactively provide insight and recommendations to ensure we effectively understand and deliver the client objectives in each campaign
- Ability to direct and control a multitude of people, tasks, processes and priorities to achieve all agreed objectives and deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to meet requirements of contact with SMT, client, and field.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with an innovative approach, often under pressurised circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with a strong customer focused approach
- Excellent planning, project management and organisational skills
- A high level of numeracy skills
- A high level of attention to detail is also required
- Proven problem analysis with insight and critical thinking skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Can write queries, ideally in SQL and/ or Access.
- Comfortable working with BI tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience of working in insight and research teams
- Experience working with Reporting procedures
- Previous experience within a data/category/Reporting analyst role would be a benefit but not essential
- Experience in using queries to extract useful data from databases
- Experience in building databases would be advantageous
- PC skills using Windows software
- Some knowledge or experience of field marketing
- Business related degree desirable
Permanent Job Offer, Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours a week, Leeds city centre location, interviews THIS WEEK AND NEXT!