Location : London
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
An ideal opportunity for someone to be an integral part of the Global Marine business, working as part of our Average Adjusting practice based in the UK, US and Asia.
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- To support and develop our existing Average Adjusting capabilities both for our own existing clients and future prospects.
- Form part of an expanding team overseeing every aspect of client, market or internal service delivery.
- Promoting the brand of the Willis Towers Watson Marine Average Adjusting capabilities.
- Providing first class professional Adjusting capabilities to international Marine clients
- Advising claimants on the validity of their claim, offering options on the recovery of their loss.
- Managing the claim proceeds by way of collection and payments from insurers and other parties
- Collecting General average and Salvage Security
- Obtaining and assimilating the documentation required to prepare the Average Adjustment
- Liaison with Shipowners, cargo interest, insurance brokers, lawyers, surveyors, professional valuers and insurers, as required
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Good interpersonal and team skills, ability to develop strong business relationships
- Enthusiasm and passion
- Ability to quickly grasp complex issues
- Ability to learn and promote internal procedures and controls
- Flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- Verbal and written communication and ability to explain matters to non-specialists
- Good IT skills
- Desire to take early responsibility
- High degree of self-discipline, commitment and modesty combined with an ability to manage own expectations.
- Undertake, or have passed the requisite Association of Average Adjusting examinations or have 2/3 years relevant Marine Insurance Claims experience and a willingness to now specialize in the Average Adjusting capabilities.
What can we offer you?
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.