Occupational Health Technician
Occupational Health Technician
£20,000 to £22,000 per annum
We are seeking an Occupational Health Technician to join our Peri Team. The role will cover Bristol and surrounding areas including the M5 and M4 corridors. Candidates will be required to travel long distances and will be required to drive the Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to clients and have a facility to park this at or near their home address overnight.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week. Regular overnight stays will be required.
As an Occupational Health Technician, your main duties will include undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with strict protocols laid down by our policies and the competencies to which the individual has been trained. These screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis; health surveillance screening such as audiometry, lung function testing; drug and alcohol testing procedures. The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management; the Occupational Health Technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing if trained to do so.
The Occupational Health Technician works to support the OH team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded.
- Undertake health screening procedures
- Treat all patients with respect, dignity and privacy
- Ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff
- Ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose
- Work within set protocols and do not deviate. Recognise the limitation of their role and do not go beyond this
- Provide support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing/tidying etc.
- Have a customer service focus including conducting patient encounters
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Ability to work autonomously with support from their line manager and others within the team
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Ability to recognise their limits of practice
- IT literate
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice
- Able to understand the requirement for patient confidentiality and respect
- Self-aware and a sense of respect for others Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- A team player who is supportive of the team and promotes a positive working environment
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds includes:
- Health Care Assistant
- Military Medic
- Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
If you would like to apply for this position please contact Jody on or email