Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Our client a Heavy Engineering company and a world leader in there industry are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and a "can do " attitude, be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have excellent attention to detail, be flexible, a team player, demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised.
The role will involve working a Continental Shift Pattern shift system, 42 hour's 06.00am - 18.00pm & 18.00pm- 06.00am (4 day on 4 day off) Monday to Sunday for which a shift premium of 22.5% is applicable.
To maintain plant and equipment, contribute to installation and commissioning of new and upgrade of existing equipment, develop through training and experience, and support development of other engineers. To support colleagues in ensuring improvements.
- To work safely at all times observing instructions, procedures, permits, safety systems, lock offs, and other protocols applicable.
- To assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements
- To maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- To systematically establish cause of failure in equipment
- To identify root causes wherever possible and to communicate with relevant personnel.
- To work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken
- To communicate all relevant and necessary information with lead technician, maintenance technician, colleagues or others within the organisation.
- To hand over any work which remains incomplete at the end of a shift
- To report any non-conformances as observed
- To seek assistance whenever required or at times of potential conflict (e.g. priorities)
- To record activities as directed
- To refer to records, drawings, manuals, and other material as necessary
- To comply with all company policies and rules
- To work effectively with colleagues and subcontractors
- To perform any other duties as required by The Company
- Must be educated to a minimum standard of ONC/OND/HND/HNC/NVQIII or equivalent in Maintenance / Electrical engineering.
Must have experience in:
- Electrical fault finding
- Heavy engineering electrical maintenance or similar
- Installation and fault finding AC / DC motors
- Single and three phase supplies
Must be able to:
- Manage time and information effectively and prioritise given tasks in line with working requirements
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Work unsupervised as well as in a team
Must be prepared to:
- Work at height
Would be advantageous to:
- Have experience of a wide range of motors and drives / starters
- Have experience of PLCs and HMIs
- Have experience and suitable qualifications in HV switching
- Have experience in pyrometry
- Be trained in 17th edition
- Be able to drive MEWPs / fork lift trucks
- Have experience in crane maintenance
- Have experience of working at height
- Be able to effectively use a computer to basic MS Office applications
- Have experience of Autocad
- Competitive Holidays
- Private Health Care
- Death in Service Benefit
- Sickness Scheme
- Medicash - Benefit Optical/ Dental/ Prescription
- Child Care Vouchers
- Ride to Work Scheme