This role sits within the Management Accounts team and has 3 direct reports that require operational guidance and support. This role mainly focuses on cost accounting, analysis and business partnering with Finance and non-Finance stakeholders.
Michael Page Finance are partnering with a large, reputable and global electrical brand with presence in over 30 countries and over 300 retail branches in the UK. Their turnover is circa £750m and are experiencing a considerable amount of growth.
- Operationally manage, support and guide 3 Part-Qual Assistants and reviewing the accuracy of their work
- Review costs, analyse adverse variances and identify issues where performance is deviating from expectation
- Resolve cost measurement and reporting issues and manage this process
- Liaise with all Commercial Finance and Cost Controlling teams to support the budgeting and forecasting process through timely input of cost on trends and underlying performance
- Review balance sheet reconciliations from the team are accurate, consistent and have a suitable level of supporting documentation
- Business partner with the wider business to understand cost basis across all functions
- Review and articulate accounting adjustments to all finance stakeholders
- Monitor cost centre queries and ensure adequate information and support is provided to our branch managers
- Ability to self-develop and engage in job development to enable future progression into senior role.
- Experience of working in a similar role for a wholesaling, retail distribution or logistics Company with extensive exposure to the management accounting and business analysis.
- Newly qualified Management Accountant or a CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Experience must have been gained in a large, multi-site business (preferably logistics/wholesale/retail)
- Experience in managing processes through a sustained period of change.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce and present financial/statistical data.
- Evidence of a proactive approach with stakeholders and provide clear and appropriate communication suitable to the audience and situation.
- Experience of managing and developing junior members of the team
Candidate can expect a competitive salary between £35,000-40,000 depending on experience, pension and career progression into senior finance/commercial roles within the business.