Temporary Finance Officer - banking support
We are looking for an experienced Temporary Finance Officer - Banking Support for this Central London based not-for-profit organisation. This role will support the Banking Manager and team within this well-known charitable organisation.
This is a temporary assignment initially for 3 months that is likely to extend up to 6 months.
You daily duties will include:
- Assisting the Banking Support Manager in ensuring that the total income received is managed effectively and in conjunction with the policy and procedure
- Responsible for the Charity’s entire open credit facility, including decision making and set up of the open credit facility, administration and liaising with the bank on a regular basis
- Reconciliation of branch banking control accounts including cheques received
- Distribution of petty cash and the reconciliation of the petty cash control account including arranging petty cash advances and floats requests
- Fully documented financial processes and procedures for the Team, updating the internal departmental procedures manual
- Monthly reconciliation of the bank accounts for which there are 8 balance sheet accounts which hold 750 divisional accounts
- Liaise with key stakeholders, regarding any problems that may arise on any of the reconciliations
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of basis accounting and financial control principles. You must have the ability to deal with a high volume of data and transactions. You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
You must have well developed IT skills with experience of using financial systems whilst a good working knowledge of Excel is essential; with an inquisitive mind looking for ways to simplify and improve processes and procedures.