Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service are looking for a SharePoint Engineer, someone with experience in the technical development, maintenance and monitoring of SharePoint (2013 or above) Server Farms within a VMWare environment.
Job Title: SharePoint Engineer
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Salary: £39,177- £45,473 per annum
Job Type: Fixed Term for 2 years in line with funding
SharePoint Engineer – The Role:
You will manage the development, test, and production SharePoint Farms; and the test and production Office Web Apps Server Farms.
SharePoint Engineer – Requirements:
- You must be able to maintain strategies and carry out related plans for patching, backup & restoration, and disaster recovery.
- You must have the capability to monitor usage and maintain automated tasks, change farm topology, and modify virtual machine specification to meet demand and maintain required levels of performance.
- Agree the SharePoint upgrade strategy, and then plan and deliver the upgrade to the current SharePoint environment, therefore previous migration experience is required.
SharePoint Engineer - You:
- May be required to work beyond normal office hours of 37 hours per week.
- There will be a requirement for some occasional travel around the Derbyshire region for which a pool car will be provided.
SharePoint Engineer - Benefits:
- In return we offer flexible working hours,
- Family friendly policies,
- Childcare vouchers,
- Free car parking,
- Health & wellbeing services,
- Discount scheme
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
To submit your application for this SharePoint Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our careers page.