Sales Coordinator (Import / Export)
SALES CO-ORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATOR
Our client is a well-established business, with a global network based in the heart of Swindon, offering a specialist service of linking buyer and seller throughout the supply chain cycle. The goal of providing benefits to both parties; ensuring goods and services are sourced and provided in a quality assured, cost competitive and environmentally efficient way.
As a Coordinator you will be instrumental in managing daily workloads related to Exports / Imports of specific commodities across the UK and overseas. You will be accountable for placing orders, managing collections and arranging exports / imports to fulfil demand. This is a critical role in the business requiring you to be able demonstrate previous experience working in a busy environment, strong supplier engagement along with commercial acumen.
- Raise invoices and purchase orders in line with customer order requirements.
- Calculate forward orders to meet production schedules and accommodate supplier and shipping lead times
- Confirm all purchase costs and sales prices are correct and in line with the relevant quotations.
- Chase aged debt, to meet cash flow targets
- Deal with customer and supplier queries timely on a daily basis, relaying them back through the supply route when required
- Develop, maintain and improve successful relationships with customers and suppliers
- Maintain detailed and accurate logs of any Quality claims, Coordinating information between customer and the manufacturer
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to existing work processes in order to improve efficiencies in the Organisation
- Keep updated an effective filing system of past and current business transactions
- Import/Export experience
- Working knowledge and experience within a similar field
- Must be able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and organisation skills
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office (Especially Excel)
If this sounds like you we would really like to hear from you, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Please note all successful applicants must hold a UK driving licence.