A specialist leading organisation, based in Coventry, are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join a growing team due to the continued success of the business.
Financial Accountant Role:
* Achieve the key finance deliverables within agreed deadlines for all aspects of financial management and statutory accounts.
* Take lead responsibility for developing and improving reporting functionality in conjunction with the business partnering and IT teams.
* Oversee the capital accounting and fixed asset accounting processes ensuring compliance with Group accounting policy.
* Assist the Group Accountant in the statutory accounts process, including providing information for internal and external auditors and coordination of the audit process.
* Preparation of the consolidated group and the companies quarterly VAT returns in accordance with agreed internal and statutory timetables, ensuring the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of information for review by Senior Management.
* Take lead responsibility for challenging the business in the correct coding of invoices and ensuring the accuracy of VAT records for the company to be as tax efficient as possible.
* To ensure the accuracy and integrity of the companies general ledgers at all times.
* Preparation of business KPI's
* Ensuring finance controls are robust including, but not limited to, management of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis highlighting any issues in a timely manner
* Respond to ad hoc queries and requirements for consolidated Group level information.
* Effectively operate a management framework within which the team is supported and motivated to achieve its objectives in accordance with the companies policies and procedures e.g. performance management, regular high impact 121s, ongoing learning and development etc.
* Lead the development of the team and positively embrace change, ensuring the operational impact is evaluated, effectively communicated and actively implemented.
Collaborate with other Managers to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seek better ways of working e.g. evaluating the use of new technologies, maximising the use of automated processes etc.
Essential Financial Accountant Requirements:
- Qualified or finalist (ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/ICAEW/equivalent).
- Appropriate, proven experience in a senior financial position.
- Previous responsibility for preparing statutory and management accounts
- Advanced level excel skills and PC literacy
- Experience of adherence to strict financial disciplines, deadlines and controls
- Good analytical skills and ability to prepare concise summaries of financial information
- Good literacy skills and the ability to communicate clearly with customers at all levels of organisation
- Proven strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage own work, prioritising and managing multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Significant experience of managing/supervising teams of finance staff and delivering outputs to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.