Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000 DOE
Our client is a UK registered charity that is part of a global organisation whose aim is to engage with people about their Christian faith, challenging objections, answering questions and explaining their values of hope. Due to continued investment they are now looking to acquire the services of an highly capable, and hardworking, Christian Marketing Coordinator to join their friendly team. This is a unique opportunity, with variety and recognition.
Your main purpose in this role will be to increase the trusts visibility and impact, helping with the ongoing development of their customer database and data capture, and collaborating with the team to produce and develop promotional materials and literature.
Please note: As a result of their Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practicing Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust. You will also need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK as part of the application process.
- Work closely with the Media, Communications and Events Teams and Programme Manager to market the organisation's conference and event portfolio, including training events and Summer School.
- Work closely with the UK M&MTL and Development Director to develop marketing plans, activities and materials to support fundraising and donation objectives.
- Spearhead a marketing strategy to increase the customer database and data capture.
- Collaborate with the Media and Digital Team, to develop best practices for maximising opportunities of using social media for marketing and PR.
- Collaborate with the Media, Digital and Communications Team to oversee the production and printing of all publicity and promotional materials, using external designers/vendors, including: leaflets, posters, flyers and DVDs, and to oversee their effective distribution.
- Coordinate the production of new content in collaboration with the Research Coordinator.
- Working closely with the Events Team to spearhead the development of appropriate promotional stands for conferences, seminars and exhibitions, sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press, as appropriate.
- Manage the marketing finances within the agreed budget framework.
- Other duties, as and when may be required, to support the activities of the Zacharias Trust and OCCA.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience in the marketing or communications field, including good working knowledge of marketing tactics and experience contributing to and delivering an integrated marketing strategy.
- Knowledge of Christian organisations and networks is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with external companies to produce marketing materials e.g. press, DVDs, etc.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of both traditional and digital marketing, including email and social media.
- A thorough grasp and experience of database management, as well as experience of using CMS systems is desirable.
- Outgoing individual who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internally and externally, as part of a team and on a one-to-one basis.
- Strong, effective written and spoken communication skills with an ability to communicate cross-culturally with an internationally diverse team. Editorial experience is desirable.
- Experience of managing own workload effectively, as well as planning and organising work to meet deadlines.
- Experience of managing a marketing budget effectively, with the commensurate numeracy skills to do so.
- Experience of working effectively without close supervision and solving problems as they arise.
- Evidence of and a commitment to practice a high level of sensitivity, confidentiality and understanding of individuals connected with the organisation, including an understanding of data protection requirements.
- Creative, energetic and results-driven, such as the ability to come up with design concepts for events etc.
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent is essential. A CIM qualification would be desirable.
- Commitment to working outside normal office hours, at weekends and away from home, when the job requires it. Typically 3 -4 times a year
- Must be in agreement with and committed to upholding the companies Statement of Faith and Values, as well as its stated Mission and Vision.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Steph on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.