My client, an investment company holding a mixed portfolio of property, shares and other investments is seeking a part-qualified Financial Accountant to manage the accounting and reporting process for the investment portfolio.
This role will be reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Maintaining the accounting records for a number of investment entities;
- Producing a timely and accurate monthly reporting pack including annual financial statements;
- Monitoring the performance of the investment portfolio and reporting on KPIs;
- Managing the relationship with investment managers, banks and custodians;
- Ad hoc projects and other tasks as advised by the Group Financial Controller.
- Accounting experience;
- Part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel and analytical skills;
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication;
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines;
- Good organisation skills, systematic and process driven.
Start date ASAP
- 22 days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Free eye test
- Employee Assistance Program
Benefits after probation
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Allowance Increase: After 2 years of continuous service you will be given an extra one-day holiday per year- capped at 28 days
The ideal candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA finalist with at least 2 years' prior management accounting experience.
Duties will include:
- Recording all rental and dividend income for investment holding company
- Revaluing all investment holdings (marked to market)
- Liaising with third party tax advisers and ensuring all tax provisions and payments are accurately recorded
- Record all accruals, pre-payments and other month-end adjustment journals
- Maintain bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Other adhoc duties