Legal Secretary- Family Law
A full-time Secretary is required to join our Family team in South Woodford. Ideally the candidate will be available immediately and they must have superior administrative skills, an accurate command of the English language, a real desire to help people, a "can do" attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of supporting this thriving department. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must be able to work in a fast paced and busy environment, with the ability to balance tasks and prioritise accordingly. Therefore self-management is essential along with strong organisational and IT skills.
The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide direct support to his/her principal to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- Provide support to other secretaries and reception as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information.