My Client a successful, family owned business that has been established in Birmingham for over 150 years. Specialising in the design, build and manufacture of precision press tools and components. The company supplies solutions to various sectors such as Telecommunications, Plumbing, IT, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical. With year on year growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced design engineer to join the team
My Client's goal is to implement a world class professional CAD Engineering function. Taking overall responsibility for the conceptual design of tungsten carbide precision progression press tools utilising Visi CAD technology, from an initial customer concept through all stages of development into tool manufacture and build, through to component manufacture.
- Production of Design concepts to support an effective process
- Liaisons with Customers to quantify and ensure requirements are met.
- Production of a basic tool design concept.
- Utilisation of Visi CAD technology to produce all relevant CAM links, technical drawings and documentation for press tool development and manufacture.
- Achieving design targets to Customer lead times and within budgeted costs.
- Ensure that the business conforms to all legislative design standards.
- Integrate best practise Health & Safety features into the design standard.
- Liaison with Sales & Marketing department to support technical information produced for customer cost estimates.
- Support for the Design Office Apprentice training programme.
- Design Office 5s champion.
- Demonstrable knowledge of modular tooling design.
- Precision progression press tool experience.
- Proficient user of 3D CAD systems.
- HND or equivalent in Manufacturing or Design Engineering.
- A Technical engineering apprenticeship.