Our reputable client based in Rugeley are recruiting for a Power Engineer (Electronics) to support the design, manufacture and supply of novel power dense static converters and motors. Engineers will be responsible for delivering robust and cost effective power electronic solutions to a range of niche applications. There will be involvement in all stages of the engineering life-cycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems.
- To perform a wide range of engineering work covering all stages of the project from bid to delivery
- Plan and conduct engineering tasks requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of designs or design techniques to meet the agreed requirements
- Accountable for the technical performance of the product
- Work closely with senior team members to plan and co-ordinate the project
- Coordinate technical activities within the team
- Be the primary technical point of contact with the customer
- Contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- Support other activities in the business such as business improvement initiatives
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Experience using design/simulation tools such as MATLAB and Simulink (desirable)
- Skills and experience in the field of electronics
- A proven track record of product design and test in a relevant environment
- Broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc.)
- Good knowledge of best practice design life-cycle process; gated design phases, design reviews etc.