- Open files in Aderant and enter dates and other information from incoming post, both of which require careful examination and analysis of files, letters and other documents
- Handling incoming correspondence by (a) retrieving appropriate files to present to Solicitor or taking appropriate action - write correspondence, phone calls, filing, diary entries
- Maintain diary - court planner -appearances and consultations, follow up on "further particulars", regular file review
- Preparation of closing/archiving file case
- Arrange appointments as requested
- Carry out all administration queries from lawyers
- Files - keep up to date and compliant with quality standards
- Communicate with other BLM offices as required
- Dealing with banking and liaising with the finance department
- Report any Health and Safety risks
- Effectively managing incoming and outgoing post, arranging couriers and dealing with by-hands
Efficient typing, photocopying, and filing
- Prioritising work
- Dealing with some incoming correspondence on own initiative
- Maintaining diary so that protocols and court dates are met.
- Advanced IT skills
- Strong understanding of legal procedures in the relevant field of law
- An excellent knowledge of legal terminology and awareness of the working environment
- High level of skill and accuracy in inputting data and the production of correspondence and documentation
- Correspondence dealt with in an efficient, timely and appropriate manner. Good working relationship between administrator and solicitor to achieve this.
- Solicitor’s diary is up to date and no dates are missed, outstanding replies are chased, and files are reviewed regularly.
- Appointments are made correctly.
- Files are accurate and in good order.