£30k - £35k
We are currently recruiting an NPI Engineer for a local, well estbalished company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Main Purpose of the Job
- To become integral part of NPI Team for the Foundry Group on both sites
- To ensure robust process controls and initial BOM are in place for all aspects of manufacturing at NPI stage.
- To minimise foundry scrap and waste efforts in all foundry departments at NPI stage.
- To capture manufacturing data for margin analysis at NPI stage
- To be the single point of contact for customer on all issues relating to NPI
- Communicate progress on NPI to team using strong visual management
- To ensure NPI has integrated work instructions for every stage of manufacturing
with internal approvals from Works Manager and Quality Manager
- Coordinate foundry NPI up to the point of release to customer by quality department. Robust, reliable and repeatable systems need to be incorporated into NPI to ensure:
- Low scrap
- Minimal additional work
- Integrated work instructions
- Best possible work flow
- Margin Analysis (Commercial) evaluation - Quote v's Actual
Limits of Authority:
- To requisition consumable items from the stores.
- Initiate internal CAR's.
- To raise tooling requisitions for approval.
- To raise any requisitions for approval.
- Discipline personnel in line with Company policy and report action to the Works Manager.
- Ensure personnel perform as required in the execution of their duties and job descriptions.
- Ensure personnel are adequately trained to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Ensure that all personnel in area of responsibility meet the requirements of the Company's
health and safety policy, including the use of the required safety equipment and the
operation of any "Code of Safe Working Practice".
- Establish and maintain good employee relations.
- Help to develop and improve the skills and knowledge of all personnel in the department.
- To ensure all processes and procedures are adequately maintained in the event of absenteeism and alternative working patterns.
- Ensure that all departmental TDL quality procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain and improve agreed quality standards to ISO9001 in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Take responsibility for:
- Internal work instructions at NPI stage
- Foundry scrap at NPI stage and initial production batches
- NPI Work Flow
- Operator training at NPI stage
Day to Day Duties
- Co-ordinate sample planning with Production Control and Foundry Team to meet customer and internal requirements
- Lead daily NPI meetings
- Co-ordinate corrective actions with Pattern shop, Metallurgist and Foundry Team Leaders to ensure NPI scrap rates <3.2%
- Attend daily production meeting
- Monitor and implement improvements in areas such as:
- NPI scrap rates
- NPI lead times
- NPI right first time %
- GM % compared to Quote
- Train all staff in best practices as appropriate using OPL's & SOP's.
- Seek out all opportunities to increase profit.
- Ensure that labour costs, including overtime working, is minimised and monitored.
- Recommend cost savings.
- Optimise purchase of raw materials (not melting) to ensure lowest net costs.
KEY OBJECTIVES -
- To create a Visually Managed Designated Samples Area within the Foundry and
- To coordinate & lead NPI and Contract Review meetings.
- Become the owner of agreed customer sample dates on Vantage (Production
Planning System) and relay information through NPI meetings.
- To ensure NPI Audit Is completed each month.
- Be the direct contact with customer to resolve any NPI issues.
- Coordinate the integration of Live NPI spreadsheet to a group NPI database
- Create a visual management station and Gemba meeting for daily progress of NPI process
If you feel you have the right skills required for this role, please send you CV across.