Dispensary Manager (preferably Pharmacy or Science subject Graduate)
Clockwork Pharmacy. North London.
£26,500 - £27,000 a year
Job Description: We are a busy pharmacy providing services to a large multicultural clientele. We require a graduate ; preferably a Pharmacy or Science Graduate who is qualified and has the necessary experience to work as a "Dispensary Manager".
Duties and Responsibility:
- Ensure the effective management of pharmacy tasks and supervise work flow in timely manner.
- Communication with patients so that they understand daily dosage of drugs
- Ensure appropriate storage of medicaments
- Maintain pharmacy stock, prepare orders and deal with field representatives of suppliers
- Dispenses the medicine following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals;
- Ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled
- Monitors and reviews services and interfaces with users to establish that services are meeting current needs and adjusting to change in demands
- Selling over-the-counter medicines in accordance with guidelines and Pharmacy Procedures. Evidence of CPD in this respect will be checked
- Ensure that records are maintained of prescription files and issue of narcotics, poisons and other habit-forming drugs
- Ensures that drugs and medicaments are in good supply and are stored properly.
- Manage, supervise, assist and train pharmacy support staff.
- Ensure accurate dispensing of drugs at all times following Company Policies, guidelines and NHS regulations
- To maintain the dispensary protocols keeping it up to date with changes in practice policy and procedures.
- Develop new business including developing relationships with Doctors surgeries and local nursing.
- Place Accurate and timely orders with suppliers and accept deliveries, adding them to computerised stock control records.
Successful candidate will receive a salary from £26,500-£27,000 per annum, depending on experience, for 37.5 hrs per week work. Holiday entitlement will be 28 days per annum. Potential candidates are expected to work full time and flexible hours as we are open 6 days a week. Weekend work on rotation will be essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,500.00 to £27,000.00 /year
- Previous experience of work with above tasks essential: 1 year
- BPharm/BSc-Higher degree qualification more desirable
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT OF THE 10th of MARCH 2018.