Sellick partnership are exclusively recruiting for an Financial Accountant to join an established business in Stoke of Trent. The role would suit either a part-qualified or fully-qualified Accountant, looking for a progressive position that will encourage growth and development.
The Financial Accountant will report directly to the Group Accountant and will support with the following duties:
- Preparation of all pre determined month end duties including journal posting and accruals and prepayments, to ensure all pre determined month end duties are met.
- Preparation of profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, reserves, forecasts and final positions.
- Monthly reconciliation of stock accounts and allocation.
- Monthly reconciliation of all Inter Company accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank transit accounts.
- To review and analyse monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsibility for cashflow and cashflow reporting.
- To carry out the transfer price analysis.
- Ensure that import duty declarations are accurate and claims/declarations made to HMRC for errors.
- Cost Savings Analysis.
- Ensuring that accurate accounting records and integrity of systems are maintained and reporting is carried out on a timely basis to the agreed format.
- Preparation of Company tax returns for review by Group Accountant prior to submission to HMRC
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns with payments by due date ready for review by Group Accountant prior to submission.
- Assist with training of Assistant Accountant and highlight development opportunities, assisting in development and skills growth.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Qualified or Part-Qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Proven experience within a similar role
- High statistical and mathematical skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated and proactive.
**Salary and package will be dependant on the individual and study support will be provided**
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
Interviews will be taking place week commencing 12th February.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.