IT Helpdesk Technician
IT Helpdesk Technician
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Our client requires a bright, outgoing individual who is into IT and enjoys this field. A professional manner is to be expected as well as good conversational skills. You must be a fast learner and capable of solving general IT problems. Their ideal candidate would also have an interest in helping to grow the business with further benefits down the line.
You will be expected to have good knowledge of Windows (7,8 & 10) operating systems (Also Apple Mac ideally) and previous experience on help desk support, you will be handling remote support jobs and field onsite visits and possibly project migrations (eg email migrations)
Responsibilities of the IT Helpdesk Technician:
- Handling incoming support tickets and being proactive with responding
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues on PCs and MACs (and basic server admin)
- Setting up new computers
- Installing software as per client requirements
- Ensuring security software is applied correctly including AV/Disk encryption
- Patching network cables
- Remote support and field work (onsite)
- Fault finding and resolution
- Performing 'write ups' of support tickets with detailed info and transferring to a manager
- Having the ability to work and concentrate on multiple jobs at the same time if needed
- Working as a team and providing good communication throughout
Please note: Our client expect prior training and experience with Windows operating systems (Please do not apply if you do not have this on your CV)
Requirements of the IT Helpdesk Technician:
- Certification will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Networking skills – VOIP/VPN/LAN/WAN/Wireless maintenance, router/switch configuration (Basic)
- Level 1 IT Support - Help Desk: 2 years
- MS Office 2007/2010/2013, Basic Exchange 2007/2010/2013 administration, Office 365
- Knowledge of AntiVirus applications and Backup applications. (Installation and monitoring)
- Windows 7/8/10 desktop support, basic Windows Server (2008/2012) (not required but ideal)
- Desktop, Server and Networking hardware maintenance - memory installs, hard disk replacements, configuration, and Router/Firewall configuration.
- General Office 365 skills, i.e adding new users, and setting up Outlook profiles.
- Must be able to communicate clearly at a technical and end user level.
- Can demonstrate a passion for customer service and personal development
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Full UK Driving License.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the IT Helpdesk Technician then please apply now!