We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Coordinator for our clients based in West Bromwich to cover Maternity with effect from March.
The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the demand plan through MRP, purchase order placement.
- Ordering and raising purchase orders via MRP System, ensuring timely, cost effective delivery
- Securing quotes and price proposals where necessary
- Liaising with suppliers by email and phone
- Resolving complaints, monitoring levels of service via supplier management practices
- Creating and maintaining trade agreements
- Attend supplier meetings/visits where appropriate
- Resolving invoice and purchase order queries Handling Billing of Materials issues and queries
- Ensuring orders are in budget
- Purchasing from suppliers overseas
- Gathering quotes from leading suppliers and negotiating the best prices
- Manage lead times with suppliers
- Manage and maintain relevant min/max re-order levels
- Proactively work with suppliers to improve delivery times where necessary to achieve sales requirements
- Analyse MRP conflicts and alert sales where appropriate
- To raise and action NCR’s where appropriate.
- Contribute to and attend internal meetings as required including production planning
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
- Undertake other duties as requested by a senior member of staff
- MRP/ERP experience, AX 2012 would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to manage own workload and use initiative to achieve desired results
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong numerical skills and commercial understanding
- Technical/Engineering/Manufacturing purchasing background would be an advantage
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- At least intermediate skill level within MS Office packages
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Collaborative team player
- Problem Solver
This hours of work will be 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday and the candidate must be available to start at the start of March 2018.
The salary is up to £23000 dependent upon experience.