Relief Support Worker - Fareham
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference to lives of people with Learning Disability?
We now have opportunities for Support Workers to join our Relief Bank in Fareham. We support a number of individuals across several supported living services. There are a wide range of ages and abilities, offering a real variety in both personalities and experiences, and we work to clearly focus on a person-centered approach to support.
We are currently offering relief opportunities - giving you the option to work when you want to work. Shifts are rota based and will be spread across morning, afternoons, evenings and include sleep-ins. Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across weekdays and weekends and can be lone working.
Throughout all the services, you will be offering general support such as administering medication, preparing meals, financial support and personal care. A number of the people we support regularly enjoy going out into the community for drinks, meals, attending swimming clubs, going to parties. They also enjoy improving life skills such as healthy cooking and working on individual goals.
As a Relief Support Worker, all you'll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people within our services, we will support you with award-winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.