Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for local financial reporting compliant with my clients policies and statutory regulation. The Financial Accountant will also be expected to manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Financial reporting compliance under local and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
- Develop, implement robust internal controls compliant with Magna minimum controls.
- Periodic review of internal controls to test and document effectiveness.
- Management and supervision of Accounts Payable, ensuring purchase invoices are processed efficiently, vendor accounts are regularly reconciled, payments requests are accurate and control accounts are reconciled.
- Management and supervision of Accounts Receivable, ensuring customer selfbilling invoices are reconciled, sales invoices are posted correctly, customer accounts maintained, overdue invoices effectively progressed and control accounts are reconciled.
- Daily reconciliation of bank balances to ensure payments and receipts are efficiently posted to SAP.
- Prepare general ledger journals for non-direct postings.
- Reconcile and agree intercompany balances.
- Review and prepare justification for all operating lease requests, ensuring correct financial reporting under local and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheets including trade debtors, trade creditors, bank accounts, accrual accounts, prepayment accounts, provision accounts, VAT accounts.
- Monthly reporting of financials into Hyperion Financial Management.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecast.
- Assisting with group financial reporting - monthly, quarterly, forecasts, budgets.
- Liaise with UK Tax Manager, providing information as required.
- Prepare monthly P&L forecast with variance analysis to budget.
- Manage SAP fixed asset module to ensure assets are capitalised and depreciated correctly.
- Manage foreign currency exposure and liaise with central treasury function to ensure that hedge contracts are implemented for key exposures.
The Successful Financial Accountant will have the following attributes:
- Minimum Qualification Finalist ACCA/CIMA
- Up to date knowledge of financial reporting standards.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of staff management
- Manufacturing and/or Automotive sector experience
- US GAAP knowledge.
- Experience of SAP.
- Experience of Hyperion
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and focused
- Ability to work under pressure with short completion times for projects
- Very organised
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Proactive to change and in approach with a "can do attitude"
If you are interested in joining a global leader and want to join a company that will help you advance your career, contact for a confidential discussion.