Head of Conveyancing
ACS are recruiting for a Head of Conveyancing department of a solicitors firm on Merseyside.
- To provide professional lead, legal training and supervision to the property department
- To be responsible for devising and implementing a structured and ongoing property group training programme to ensure that all fee earners and support staff have best practice standard knowledge of relevant property law and practice.
- To create and maintain a source of best practice template letters and documents;
- To provide appropriate input to ensure the firm retains Lexcel and CQS accreditation;
- To provide input to Appraisals where appropriate;
- To be responsible for the professional standard of work done by the group to be measured via regular monthly and other file reviews.
- To take responsibility for the professional lead of the property departments (sale and purchase, re-mortgage and equity release) and fee earners and the delivery of the professional service provided by the departments to external and internal clients.
Key areas of responsibility
- Properly recruit, select, train, actively develop, motivate and manage group members to empower them to deliver their accountabilities and achieve their full potential.
- Implement and uphold all the firm's policies and procedures.
- Display the knowledge skills and behaviours required by the firm and set out in the Lexcel leadership & management culture statement and key behaviours document.
- Deliver effective supervision of best practice and full implementation of case management standards across the group through day to day support of group members.
- Work with marketing and other colleagues, to contribute to the development and delivery of effective client relationships to achieve the firm's strategic objectives to increase property case intake.
- To manage a personal part case load.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.