Senior Financial Controller (Accountancy Practice)
Looking for a new job in accounting?
Enjoy client management?
Tired of working in a quiet "typical accountancy practice"?!
My client is is a forward-thinking, ambitious company dedicated to helping businesses flourish through providing dedicated accounting and advisory services. Due to continued growth they are seeking a Senior Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
Duties to include:
- Responsible for the everyday supervision of 6 staff
- Monthly performance reporting of the team
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team
- Follow up that new procedures and policies set are implemented
- Plan absence to ensure smooth running of the team
- Ensure that the client work is evenly divided between the team members
- Ensure that new clients are set up correctly according to procedures and that a team member is assigned
- Carry out client work as required in line with SLAs / KPIs
- Account management and meeting with clients
- Present to potential clients the benefits of the company and finance function
- Attend networking events on behalf of company
- Provide input into tenders / new business proposals as required
- Increase revenue when opportunities arise
- Remain hands on with the day to day monthly accounting
- Keep updated with current accounting principles and regulations
- Adhoc projects
To be considered you will have held a management role within an accountancy firm/outsourcing firm previously. As mentioned above, my client isn't a typical practice and recruits as much on personality fit as technical skills. Benefits include a generous social budget, for team lunches, parties and to hang out with colleagues!