Part-Time Assistant Management Accountant (20 hours pw)
Kenneth Brian Associates are looking to hire a Part-Time Assistant Management Accountant on behalf of their client who are enjoying great growth and market share. This vacancy is newly created and will support the Management Accountant, but also have visibility with the Financial Controller.
The role is envisaged to run from 10am - 2pm each day to provide support across the business. There is a degree of flexibility around these hours, but the idea is to have this new finance resource available on a daily basis.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Management Accountant with the preparation of the monthly management accounts. Contribute to the production of the Balanced Score Card whilst participating in the preparation of the annual budget and the half year forecast in conjunction with operational management.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness and distribute in accordance with agreed timetable;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with Service and Department Heads and upload onto the accounting system;
- Participate in the preparation of the half year forecast in conjunction with Service and Department Heads;
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register and Reconciliation of petty cash;
- Support the implementation of new systems and financial procedures as and when required;
- As required, provide financial assistance in the preparation, analysis and submission of new business tenders and/or project bids;
- Assist with the production, maintenance and design of management reports via the reporting system;
- Utilise the features of the accounting software to ensure effective use of the system * Assist with the monthly group VAT routine when required * Assist the finance team with the annual audit and preparation of the year-end accounts * Responsible for certain balance sheet reconciliations * Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time by the Financial Controller
Other than flexible working hours, this role attracts pension and holiday entitlement. The salary on offer is £30k pro-rated to 20 hours per week.