Head of Client Services - Digital Marketing
The Head of Client Services will be the senior point of contact for day-to-day client service management.
Purpose of Role
- To lead and nurture the client services team to provide the utmost level of client service.
- To build strong client relationships at a senior level.
- To help identify and convert new business opportunities.
- To work closely with the Senior Management team to help drive success of the agency.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To mentor, lead and manage the Client Service team through personal development plans (setting and reviewing performance targets, contributing to remuneration conversations etc.), appraisals and day to day support.
- Be a motivator to help the Client Service team succeed and be the best they can be.
- To develop best practice in client service and to run regular sessions with the team to share knowledge and experience.
- Ensure the Client Service team are proactively cooperating with other parts of the business.
- Ultimately responsible for maintaining and building the positive relationship between the agency and its clients.
- Build strong relationships with senior clients - understanding their business needs, staying abreast of client industry developments.
- Stepping out of the day to day client management to see potential wider commercial opportunities and working with the wider team to develop these into wins.
- Replace current Senior Management involvement with clients.
- Help shape and deliver future growth and development of the agency.
- Together with other management you will be responsible for continual business improvements, guard the quality of service and delivery and consistency of business execution.
- Creator and owner of the client services KPIs
- Setting, monitoring and updating pod targets.
- Deliver regular reporting to Senior Management and Board level against KPIs, client satisfaction score (NPS), financials and forecasting.
- Help to identify new products and services the agency can offer existing and new clients - map out the details and plan how they can be sold.
- Contribute and or lead the process to win new business.
- Inspire a team, spot and develop potential
- Good motivator, empathetic and patient
- Multitask with a proactive and a can do attitude
- Enthusiastic and highly organised
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Aspirational, raise the bar and push through change
- At least 6 years’ client service experience
- Digital agency background is highly preferred
- Experience in effectively managing an account management team
- Exceptional new business and client facing skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Sound commercial acumen